After 30 days of fasting, from sunrise to sunset, Ramzan has finally ended. I know you’re sad, you miss the food deals, Sehri outings and night cricket but cheer up dude, it’s EID time now! Yes, my friend three days of none stop celebrating, eating and outings.
Let’s look at some things we love about Eid:
1. Wearing new clothes that you bought weeks ago
Yes! The wait is over, you can finally wear the clothes you had made ages ago.
2. Praying Eid Namaz with everyone and celebrating right then and there.
Yes, as soon as namaz finishes you’re celebrating with strangers left and right. The occasion brings a sense of unity amongst everyone!
Yes, people who haven’t met in ages will make their way to give you the biggest hug they can. You probably never even shook hands with them before this. Beware of the others though – as seen below:
4. Finally having breakfast after 30 days
5. Going to meet relatives and cousins
6. Of course, the ultimate prize: EIDI!!
Dolla dolla bills ya’ll!
7. Eating awesome daawat food.
8. Awesome Eid deals at restaurants and shops
9. Sending and receiving Eid Mubarak messages and calls from school friends who you’ve lost touch with.
10. Realising you have five days off because of Eid.
And last but not least, wishing a happy Eid to people we don’t even know. Like me wishing you guys – Eid Mubarak Everyone!